Hockey North has created this webpage to provide mental health resources for players, coaches, officials, volunteers and parents across the province.
Below you will find links to organizations and services that offer valuable mental health resources and support to Northerners.
Canadian Mental Health Association
Centre for Addictions and Mental Health
Canadian Sport Help Line Call or text: 1-888-83SPORT (1-888-837-7678)
Kid’s Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
If you are a young person, and you need someone to talk to, you can call the Kid’s Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868. Texting and online chat options are also available.
To live chat, visit https://kidshelpphone.ca/live-chat/(link is external) and click the “chat” button OR download the Always There app.
For additional resources and information, visit www.kidshelpphone.ca(link is external)
The Kids Help Phone has also expanded their services to include an adult texting service. Text the word WELLNESS to 741741.
- Mental Wellness and Addictions Recovery
- Distance Based Supports - Strongest Families Institute
- Recommended Mobile Apps and Tools
- NWT Help Line - 1-800-661-0844 - The NWT Help Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is 100% free and confidential. For wellness information, tips and community events, visit the NWT Help Line Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NWTHelpLine/(link is external).
- Kamatsiaqtut Help Line: (867) 979-3333 or toll free at (1-800) 265-3333.
Hockey Canada Cyber Bullying Info and Resources
Buddy Check for Jesse - Canadian Charity that helps coaches bring mental health awareness to their players.
Project 11 - mental health education program in honour of Rick Rypien